Essays, podcast episodes and poems from the Food for Free Thought blog about individuality, personal development and self growth.
“Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.”
– Jesus Christ speaking to the necessity of self-awareness of shortcomings during his “Sermon on the Mount”, Matthew 7:5
“It’s you yourself that hide your own treasure.”
– The Persian poet Rumi in his epic poem The Mathnawi
The goal of personal development and self growth is to gain control and awareness over one’s own emotions, thoughts and actions. It then becomes possible to shape one’s destiny, as well as to understand and find compassion for others, since we all suffer by and are motivated by the same forces.
Here we’ve collected all of the Food for Free Thought essays, podcasts, poems and other resources related to individuality, personal development and self-growth. Please enjoy!
How to embrace change
How to communicate effectively
- The Mistakable vs. Unmistakable Truth: Some Thoughts on the Revolutionary Act of Truth-Telling
- The Mind-Numbing Blasphemy of “I Feel Like”: Technicalities of Language and Truth that Matter
Big ideas in personal development and self mastery
- FFFT Podcast Ep. 3: Dr. Ricks Warren – Self-Compassion and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Techniques to Help You Face Fear and Take Control of Your Mind
- No Apologies: How to Face the Fear of Being Unpopular and Find Your True Supporters